Fillin' Buckets

Name the top then things on your bucket list.

Ahhh bucket lists.  The list of things you can look back on and wish you were brave enough to do.  Truthfully, I've always had one, and I was very proud every single time I cross something off.  My list used to be not so much one of things I wanted to do before I kicked the big bucket, but things I was afraid to do.

A long time ago, I decided to start living my life very differently.  I don't ever want to look back at a list of things I didn't do, but instead, have a three hundred and sixty degree view of all the things I had accomplished.  I want my bucket to be full.  I want it to be running over the edges with blessings, lessons, laughter, and love. I want others to say "she filled my bucket" as well.  And in filling other's buckets, mine will never see the bottom.

But alas, the question in the book today, is to name the things on my bucket list... So...


  1. Be kind. Even when it's hard. 
  2. Tell the truth, even when your voice shakes. 
  3. Travel as much as this life permits and wallow in the experience of it - swim in it 'till my fingers are pruny.  
  4. Listen when people want to talk.  Really, really listen. 
  5. Follow a path that fills my soul.
  6. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. 
  7. Be okay with veering off the beaten path if that's what I need. 
  8. Worry more about things that matter, and less about what people say. 
  9. Take pictures, and spend time combing through the memories that fill my bucket.
  10. Love, love, love.  Love the creatures, love the people, love the food (love the cupcakes), love the life.  

Be not afraid.  Journey.  Laugh.  Touch, feel, taste, smell, see it all.

Fill a bucket.  Go on now. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waitin' On Someday

Remotely Controlled

Indulge Me