Waitin' On Someday

If you wrote a love song about your love life, what would the title be?  Write the first verse. 


Waitin' On Someday

When I was just a little girl,
Sitting on his knee,
My daddy told me of a prince who'd come,
Who's smile would set me free.
"Someday" he said, you'll be his,
When the time is right,
And I'll have to let go of my girl,
Though my heart, it holds on tight.

I grew up knowing the story well,
And "Someday" came and went.
Boys and men, loved and lost,
All but had me spent.

I've been Waitin' On Someday,
Just tryin to find my way.
Through all the grips of hell
I know heartbreak all to well.
I'm waitin' on Someday.

I swore the day would never come
where I'd find man like him,
Kind and strong,
Who's heart would long
for a small town girl like me.
And then he smiled, and strummed a song
Singing "Someday she'll set me free".

He was Waitin' On Someday,
Just tryin to find his way.
Through all the grips of hell
He knew heartbreak all to well.
He was waitin' on Someday.

My daddy came and shook his hand,
As he smiled at me in white,
Said son,  you better love her right,
She's waited all her life.

She was Waiting on Someday
Trying to find a good way
To the man who'd take my place
That puts a smile upon her face,
Who'll hold her up and dry her tears,
Laugh with her and stay for years.
All the days of her life,
Who'll be her man, and she his wife.
She's waiting on someday,
She's been waiting for this day.

His eyes as blue as the sky above,
Sparkled with his smile,
When he held my hand, and wiped my tears
and softly then he said

I've been waiting on Someday
To tell you all the ways
Your smile -it makes me whole,
I've waited for your soul.
I am yours and you are mine.
The world is ours and we've got time,
This is our Someday.
And we've been waiting on Someday.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remotely Controlled

Indulge Me