Post Unposted and Left Undone. Untied with grace.

It's been more than a year since I've sat down to this blog. I have no idea why I didn't publish this post.  It's just been sitting for a year?  In fact, I couldn't even remember what I had written about here until I reread it all, and still, some things have left me wondering why I can't remember what they mean today.  I suppose what they say is true - "take whatever is worrying you - will it matter a year from now?".  I decided not to edit it, just post it with a quick note and leave it as is, curiosity and all.  

I've said for years that I wanted to take a weekend away and write letters to the most important people in my life.  You know... "in case".  I don't ever want my people to wonder or to be left with questions.  I have since learned that simply saying what you need to, when you need to will always hold water.  I hope more times than not, it helps a cup runneth over.  I love you guys.  






Write a "thank you" note to a special person in your life.  Thank them for being in your life rather than for something they did. 

Warning: this isn't going to be a short post.  Get a coffee.

How do you write a thank you note to a special person?  How does one choose?  So many people shaped me into this glorious human.  I have a million "thank you"s.  I'm sure I couldn't write them all.  But I decided to sit for a few moments, and capture some of the significant moments that touched my soul and share some gratitude.

Mom:  Thank you for making me get off the floor, and for holding me up when I did.
Dad:  Thank you for your reasonable moments, and for the only moment in my memory where you had to walk it off.
Gram: I can't pick one moment.  Thank you for being someone my soul misses every single day.
Grandma G: Thank you for showing me how important affection is.
Grandpa G: For showing me what love looks like after 65 years of marriage. (and for juicy fruit in your pocket)
Grandpa M: For the bag of crab apples for the ride home - because I loved them.  (There is a little bit of good in everyone - even when they don't even know it.)
My brother: Thanks for answering the phone.

My boy Mack: Thank you for showing me knights in shining armor exist. Forever Mine.
My Girlie Cass: Thank you for coming home.  I can't...

Alyssa: Thank you for always wanting to share your day's stories with me.
Amy: Thank you for being kind - always.

Duane: For your smile and simple words like "hey buddy". You don't even know.  I've waited my whole life for a brother like you.
Nadine: "I've dealt with it all, I will always understand". Thank God for you.

Tanya: My amica stretta...the other pea in my pod, the she to my nanigans. If ever there was a person on Earth that could show me stillness in roaring waterfalls - it was you.

Kerry - I wish it wasn't how it is.  I miss you.

Kendra: For three a.m. possibilities and level D reading.
Corinne: For being the best birthday twin ever.
Marnie: No one needs to drink coffee alone.  Thanks for filling my space.
Giselle and Amber: I knew I could love work one day...

And Kevin... this Universe doesn't hold words for the place you have in my life, and thank you seems a little under-dressed for the journey we're on.



(after thought... I suppose I didn't hit publish because I had to more to say, maybe more people to write about, not leave someone out, or leave someone feeling unnoticed... but even this, being left unsaid for a year now - is too long.  There are more days ahead to write now. Someone untied my hands today. It's over.)    (Natalie, that cryptic end was just for you.)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waitin' On Someday

Remotely Controlled

Indulge Me