Indulge Me

It's my blog, and can if I want.  Two questions in a row - because they are related, and I said so.


If you could indulge in anything without consequence, what would it be? 

Food. All of it.  Any of it. Anytime.  Food without consquence of gaining of weight.  Yes. I don't feel the need to elaborate.  It's pretty clear.  I love food.  Someone once told me your weight is on a scale of 85% of what you eat.  Dammit.  I can't unhear it, but most days, I just don't care.  I don't want to get to my last days and wish I had eaten the cupcake.  I always eat the cupcake.



You have to design a cocktail or drink after yourself.  What ingredients are in it and what will you name it? 

I've already done this many years ago, and it made it to the menu at a local restaurant in my hometown.  It's pink, it's pretty, it's sweet and fruity and gentle to throw back.  Dirty Shirley, with a sugared rim.    It's a well made Shirley Temple (yes the beautiful drink you loved as a kid - the color of sunset, and the thing you got to order when you went to restaurant that wasn't soda and made you feel pretty darn special), orange juice (natural ingredients), a little lemon/lime soda (a splash of fizz), a swirl of grenadine (for sweetness and stunning color) -with vodka (to ease the ache and quiet the noise), poured into a tall glass (so it doesn't end too soon) with a sugared rim (like a good kiss you want your lips to just keep tasting).  It's me - in drink form (how's that for ego?)  So good - but I do think it needs a new name.  it reminds me of a sunsest, and I have a favorite one of those too - in Cape Cod.  Maybe this drink should be called that - Cape Cod.  It's all things good.  Just like the sunset in Cape Cod.  I thought about another favorite sunset - in Belize.  It was looking back at The Split, In Caye Caulker - but I'd rather not order a Caulker or a Split with my dinner - dirty, dirty drinks.  I'll stick to ordering a Cape Cod.


Just about perfect...

So close.  I'll keep trying until I get all of the indulgences just right, in the perfect place.  Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waitin' On Someday

Remotely Controlled