Does Good Intention Always Prevail?

You're running for President of the United States.  What thing from your past could your opposition use against you?

Here's the thing about politics - it's all a smoke show.  If any politician acquired a leader's seat with the true intention of changing the world, wouldn't this world be a different place...

Today's society is riddled with bullshit.  It's a twisted mess of social media propaganda of what someone else wants you to hear, and to think, and to believe.  Presidents and candidates alike spend years slinging shit at each other, degrading each other as humans, and these are the people we are supposed to put our trust in to rule the world.  What a sad place to start.  I've always said if given such an opportunity, my campaign would be different.  Let's talk about solutions to problems and how we, as a human race can be better - for the good of the whole.  I wonder how many others started out with the same intention and got caught up in the ego of it all.

I'm sure an opposition would use whatever they wanted against me, truth or not.  It's what many humans do to make themselves feel more powerful - destroy your opponent.  Truth is, everyone has lived, and none of us with a perfect life.  My mistakes have been lessons, and I've come to accept them as a part of myself - and moved on, but judgement comes so easy today for humans.  I guess the real question would be not what could be used against me, but what would prevail - forward moving intention, or how I came to be?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waitin' On Someday

Remotely Controlled

Indulge Me