Dear, Sweet Mother Nature

If you could talk to Mother Nature, what would you say?



Oh Mother Nature, my old friend, how exhausted you must be.  I can't imagine being you.

Let me start with my gratitude for the sunshine.  The skies in my part of the world have been gray for so long.  The past few days, the sky has been the brightest blue and the sun has warmed my chilled soul.  Oh how I have been longing for the warmth and the light.  Secondly, color has returned to the outside, and my eyes are gloriously appeased by the bursts of life and newness that shows itself every single day.  Thank you, thank you.  Gratitude is so often left by the wayside, and never in abundance.  I will not take your gifts for granted, and I know the struggles you have every day to please everyone despite the lack of attention to your care.

The rain has washed away the winter days, and has brought green and life to the Earth.  The grounds are soaked and the foliage is drinking it in.  We should be so grateful for it's abundance.  I'd like to say thank you for the winter's snow, but it would make less honest that I would to be.  It's not that I'm not grateful... it's that, well, I really, really dislike it.  I understand the need for the Earth to hideaway for a season, letting itself renew and reset.  I just wish it wasn't for so long.  I miss the warm days when they are gone.  But as a good realtor once told me, it's all about where you want to be situated.  Location, location, location.

I have never shared soul space with one so full of life and that held such mastery for divine beauty.  The painted skies.  Oh how I love the painted skies.  I have been blessed with so many occasions of catching my breath in my throat in absolute awe of the skies above me. Those moments are my favorite.

I have been watching you, M. Nature.  I see your struggles.  I see your tantrums and bursts of frustration towards your disregarded Earth.  I hear you take the blame.  I see your dying soul.  I see you.  I hear you.  I understand.  Please know, that you are loved, and you are enough, and your heartbreak does not go unnoticed.  I hope when your soul is saddened by the changes in your sphere, your are given hope by the way children dance in the sun, and twirl in warm breezes.  I hope you are elated by laughter in the mountains, rapture in the rapids, and even smiling snowmen in the winter. I hope we can be better for you.  Please don't be discouraged.


I honor the space you take in my soul, and I thank you.


J










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waitin' On Someday

Remotely Controlled

Indulge Me