Alien Abduction

An alien has just abducted you.  Give three reasons why it would send you back to Earth.


Well this is a predicament.  Being abducted by an alien was never on my list of things to do.

I have always been of the thinking that should aliens exist, their purpose for ever gracing the Earth wouldn't be with violent tendencies.  Their purpose would be to teach, to assist, to fix.  I truly believe a peaceful existence is possible, and I'm pretty sure aliens have figured that out.  In fact, I bet they figured it out loooooooooooooooooooooong ago, and have been watching us destroy the beautiful things they left behind for us to learn from.  The problem is - they could have never accounted for the capability of destruction the human ego could be responsible for.  Damn.

So, in this theory of being abducted - why would they send me back to Earth?  First of all, understanding.  Why would they keep me when I would be but a small minority that wouldn't be threatened by them?  They would send me back in hopes of positive influence I would think.

Secondly to teach.  If you've not yet seen the movie Arrival, I recommend it, and I hope this, too, would be my purpose - to teach and, essentially to make a difference. (After all, wouldn't they already know that's my path in this life? Good question...would they?) Teach tolerence, teach kindness, teach patience and communication.  Teach not to fear the unknown, and the courage to explore possibility.

Lastly, they'd send me back to quiet the ongoing protest of my daughter, and stop the saddness in my son should I ever be taken away from them.  I matter to some people, and for that I am eternally grateful.  Seriously - my daughter would argue them into retreat until her momma returned to her, and the pain in my son would be unbearable in their empathetic souls.  I already know I've done my job as a mother exactly right, even when I was doing it wrong.

The aliens would send me back, I just hope they'd send me back empowered.  And maybe with a cape...Or my own ship... And the ability to enjoy food without gainging weight.  Do you think that's asking to much?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waitin' On Someday

Remotely Controlled

Indulge Me