Follow The Yellow Brick Road

If you found yourself in Oz, what would you do differently than Dorothy? 

What an odd question.  When thinking about this, my initial answer was that I wouldn't ever be in Oz like Dorothy was because I'd have been smarter about the storm brewing outside, and I'd have been in the cellar long before the tornado could twist me up and land me in Oz, making the rest of the story irrelevant. But, alas, the question says I'm in Oz - sooooo....

I'm in Oz, I'm walking the Yellow Brick Road to get to Emerald City to meet the Wizard.  I meet the Tin man, the Scarecrow and the Lion, and claim them as friends. Hmmm... different? Nope.  Run into some munchkins, some winkies, beasts and witches.  Take advice from the munchkins, tame the beasts, and set the winkies free - yep, good stuff, nothing different here.  She kills the bad witches, and accepts help from the good witches and goes back home.  Sounds about right?  Stumped.

My only thought is in the Wizard.  How did Dorothy not question the purpose or authority of the great Wiz?  Why did it take her so long to figure out, that essentially, he was full of shit?  Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!  I definitely would have had it out with Wiz, questioned everything I had been told to be true, and I would have saved some of the over exerted effort with the Wicked Witch of the West.   I know I would have argued or mediated my way to the truth behind the curtain the so called magical wizard was hiding behind. The wizard was in fact just a man who's balloon carried him away in the wind, and the lies were more convenient tools to carry on with than the truth.

Sometimes the most seemingly powerful people are just lost travelers that got swept up in a storm.  Four very diverse beings went to the wizard for help, looking for a heart to love, a brain to think, courage to overcome fear, and to find a way home.  They looked to false wisdom in a castle of veiled windows and mystical beings, but found faith and hope, instead in themselves, and in uniting with each other.  Each being obtained their desires through humanity and kindness.

Well I'll be darned...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waitin' On Someday

Remotely Controlled

Indulge Me